Jo Cheung is director and founder of Olympias Music Foundation, a Manchester charity championing diversity in music – from violin lessons for children on free-school meals, to community choirs for vulnerable BAME women and school children. Since 2015, they have delivered over 2000 free music lessons to 250 children in Manchester, and engaged with many more through workshops and performances.
We chat how Olympias got here, where it’s going and stop off along the way at:
- The completely unregulated nature of teaching music
- Taking music education from school to the community and what that really means in practise
- Olympias’s huge Making Manchester project and their plans for the next year
This episode is sponsored by Dorico: the next-generation music notation software from Steinberg.
- Educational & crossgrade versions available at significantly discounted prices.
- Get your 30-day free trial version of Dorico that will allow you to try out all of the features Dorico has to offer with no restrictions.
Links and Show Notes
- Slung Low Theatre Company
- Making Manchester
- Community Integration Awards
- Emma Doherty
- Hayley Suviste
Enjoying the podcast? Leave a kind word on iTunes to help others find us