Lara Agar is a composer, violinist, and collaborator who recently caught my eye with a credit on Shades of Blue, a dance piece performed at Sadler’s Wells and broadcast on the BBC. We talk about how the piece came about, curating nights, and the different relationship musicians, dancers, and actors have with their art. Also in the episode:
- The benefits of long-term creative partnerships
- Lara’s accidental rock opera
- Lara’s love of chaos
- Music’s uniquely non-visual role in today’s world
This episode is sponsored by Dorico: the next-generation music notation software from Steinberg.
- Educational & crossgrade versions available at significantly discounted prices.
- Get your 30-day free trial version of Dorico that will allow you to try out all of the features Dorico has to offer with no restrictions.
Links and Show Notes
Music played in this episode
Shades of Blue (intro bed and breakbeat example)
JABBERWOCKY – performed by EXAUDI (excerpt and in full at the end)
Enjoying the podcast? Leave a kind word on iTunes to help others find us