Today we are blessed with a great window into the world of arts reviewing and writing thanks to Hugh Morris, and the similarities and differences to creative writing thanks to Georgia Affonso.
The pair collaborated on a piece for No Dice Collective in 2019 based on a photo of Anthony Burgess (the Clockwork Orange guy) walking his dog, and we share the stories behind the piece in this episode and play the piece in full.
Links and Show Notes
- Harrison Birtwistle Mask of Orpheus – ENO
- ENO Baylis scheme
- For those as fashion unconscious as me…
- Chorus of rage as ENO gives critics’ coveted extra tickets to young bloggers – The Guardian
- Georgia and Hugh’s object: Anthony Burgess walking his dog
- Georgia Affonso x Sophie Sully – Dilly the Slug
- Hugh makes it on Buzzfeed
- Good King Agatha | Hugh Morris & Edmund Phillips | Manchester Contemporary Youth Opera (check out more of Hugh’s work!)
As ever, thank you for spreading the word about the podcast!